WATER SLIDE RULES
- A swim test will be required before riding the slide. Riders must be able to swim one pool length of the therapy pool short end unassisted or be 48″ tall to ride the slide. (The AFC staff reserves the right to refuse any sliding privileges regardless of height if it appears the swimmer might be put in an unsafe situation.) The water depth in the splash down area is 42 inches.
- Only approved swim suits are allowed. Swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation is not permitted. No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets and jewelry should be removed before riding the slide. A nylon spandex cap must be worn to cover hair beads.
- No tubes, mats, goggles or life jackets are permitted on the water slide.
- Only one (1) rider on the water slide at a time. (NO EXCEPTIONS) Maximum operational load is 300 pounds.
- Riders must enter the water slide in a sitting position and wait for instructions from the lifeguard or attendant at the top.
- All riders must ride feet first with arms crossed on the chest while lying on their back. DO NOT sit up, stand, kneel, rotate or stop in the water slide.
- Keep arms and feet inside the slide at all times.
- Leave the splashdown pool area promptly after entering.
- Riders must be in good health. Pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride the water slide.
- Do not use this water slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The rider or guardian assumes all risk of injury due to misuse of this water slide or failure to follow these rules.
WARNING: Failure to follow rules may result in serious injury.