- City Services
- Flood Information
Being prepared is the best defense against damage from flooding and other disasters. Our City’s Planning and Development Department has certified floodplain managers on staff available to speak with you or your group on a variety of topics related to flood plain issues:
- Flood Map Determinations and an explanation of your risk to flooding
- Copies of Elevation Certificates (ECs)
- Copies of Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs)
- Requirements for Construction in Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA)
- The City of North Myrtle Beach is also a StormReady and TsunamiReady community
- NOAA and the National Weather Service maintain a network of gauge’s showing real-time water levels in our area
- Monitor coastal flooding with our Tide Gauge at NMB.us/tidegauge
- City's Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance
For More Information
For more information on flood preparedness, visit the Ready.gov website or contact John Hill.
FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) Panels
Locate Panel on Index Map for Details
Disclaimer: Information on this page is checked monthly to ensure it is up to date and that links are functioning properly.