Daycations with North Myrtle Beach
Introducing Daycations with North Myrtle Beach!Are you ready to hop in the Parks and Recreation van with us and visit some cities in the Carolinas? Then Daycations is the program for you. Each month we will be visiting a new city, festival, or attraction to get you out and seeing the beautiful Carolinas through our Daycation Destinations. Our trips are limited to a small group, as we use the Parks and Recreation van to keep costs down.
Registration will OPEN on the specified dates. You must register online and can use the link below to register and to create an account. If you have not registered for an event in our platform before, you will need to make an account using your email address. We recommend creating an account or verifying your current account prior to registration opening. If registration is FULL, please sign up for the waiting list using the same registration button. Waiting lists help us determine interest in the Daycations for future planning and provide the opportunity for additional dates when scheduling permits.
September 22, 2023: Pawleys Island, SC & Georgetown, SC
Price per Person: $138.00
Registration Opens on Tuesday, September 5th at 2 pm.
Price per Person: $138.00 includes:
- Indigo Dyeing Workshop with items to keep
- Lunch in the River Oak Cottage Tea Room
- Staff and fees
- Arrive at J. Bryan Floyd Community Center at 8:15 am for an 8:30 am departure to Pawleys Island, SC.
- We will depart Georgetown, SC at 3:30 pm for an arrival at J. Bryan Floyd around 5 pm
We will be starting our day off with a stop at Parlour Doughnuts in Pawleys Island for breakfast. Doughnuts and Coffee will be on your own here.
After our morning snack we will head to Hopsewee Plantation for their Indigo Dying Workshop and Lunch in the tea room.
The workshop will be two and a half hours long. All-natural indigo dyeing basics are covered as you create a bandana and tea towel to take home. Various wrapping & dyeing techniques will be demonstrated in the workshop. Items to be dyed and all other materials necessary to create different designs will be provided.
Please be aware of some items they suggest bringing and proper attire:
-Please note this class takes place partially outdoors.
-Please wear old clothes and closed-toe shoes.
-Bring long latex or rubber gloves if you have them, if not short disposable gloves will be provided.
We will have lunch in the River Oak Cottage Tea Room once the workshop is over. You will choose your lunch option when booking your trip. All lunch options include pimento cheese biscuits, dessert (chef's choice), and a beverage (iced tea, mint lemonade, or a soft drink).
Your meal choices are:
1. Shrimp & Grits: Our special Hopsewee recipe with Georgetown shrimp and South Carolina stone ground grits, andouille sausage, and a house salad
2. Lowcountry Sampler Plate: House-made pulled pork with mustard based BBQ sauce, pirleau (traditional dish of chicken, sausage, rice, and vegetables), collard greens with smoked meat and rutabagas, macaroni and cheese, & sweet potato casserole
3. Blue Cheese Spinach Quiche: A delightful blend of bacon crumbles, blue cheese, and spinach with a house salad.
4. Hopsewee Salad Plate: Chicken salad platter made with cranberries and apples and served on a bed of lettuce with potato, pasta, and bean salads on the side.
After lunch we will head back to J. Bryan Floyd Community Center at 3:30 pm for an arrival around 5 pm. We do our best to stick to the schedule, but sometimes driving conditions during rush hour cause us to arrive back at the community center later than planned. Please plan accordingly.
Daycations with North Myrtle Beach reservations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Daycations are announced in our monthly email newsletter. To sign up to receive the newsletter, please visit https://parks.nmb.us/171/Events-Programs and follow the prompt.
Please contact the parks and recreation staff to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 843-280-5673
January 30, 2023 & February 8, 2023: Wilmington, NC & Carolina Beach, NC
November 4, 2022: Awendaw, SC & McClellanville, SC
October 10, 2022: Murrells Inlet, SC/Georgetown, SC
September, 28, 2022: Florence, SC
August 24, 2022: Wilmington, NC
July 20, 2022 & July 26, 2022: Hopsewee Plantation - Georgetown, SC
June 27, 2022: Southport, NC/Bald Head Island, NC/Kure Beach, NC